IVMF Education and Training Programs
The IVMF leverages higher education to design, develop and deliver world-class educational programs for veterans, their families and community stakeholders. The institute’s educational programs are designed to provide veterans and their families with the skills needed to be successful in education, work and life.
Small Business Ownership:
- Veterans with disabilities (Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities, EBV)
- Caregivers and family members (Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans’ Families, EBV-F)
- Veteran women, active duty and female family members (Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship, V-WISE)
- Transitioning service members (Operation Boots to Business: From Service to Startup, B2B)
Industry-Specific Training and Certification:
- Post-9/11 veterans and military spouses (Veteran Career Transition Program, VCTP)
- Transitioning service members (Onward to Opportunity, O2O)
The following is a selection of additional educational initiatives currently in development by the IVMF and its collaborators:
- The IVMF is developing a scalable model to leverage community colleges across the nation to provide vocational training and education to veterans to prepare them for careers in industry.
- The IVMF is working with industry partners, government and other stakeholders to develop and implement a portfolio of distance education programs focused on financial literacy for military families, benefits planning and self-employment.
- The IVMF is developing a national library of small business and entrepreneurship education resources, positioned to advance the self-employment goals of veterans and their family members.