Join our Mission
The Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) depends on support from people like you to help carry out our mission, “In service to those who have served.” There are many ways to support the IVMF mission, its people, and important programs and initiatives enhancing the post-service life course of our nation’s veterans and military families.
Ways to Support the IVMF:
Partner with the IVMF
- The IVMF has many outstanding corporate, philanthropic, and government partners who expand our reach and enhance our capacity to execute our mission. We continually seek partnerships which advance opportunities for veterans in training, education, employment and long-term careers, as well as community participation such as our technical assistance program for VA Supportive Services for Veterans and Families grantees.We have several signature partnerships with world-class universities, corporate sponsors, business and industry partners, and government. Among these are collaborations with the National Consortium of EBV Schools, the 100,000 Jobs Mission, with the Get Skills to Work initiative, including the Veteran Employment Leading Practices toolkit, and Walmart’ Vocational Accelerator grant program, among many others. If your organization wishes to explore partnership opportunities with the IVMF, please contact Raymond Toenniessen, IVMF director of new initiatives & external relations, at 315.443.0256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financially Sponsor the IVMF
- The IVMF relies on the generosity of organizations and individual donors in order to support our operations, expand our research capacity, and help us provide educational programming at no cost to our veterans.Specific programs such as our Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities and Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship have thrived through the generosity of our supporters, and we hope to expand these to reach as many veterans as possible. We also host issue-specific supplemental programs such as the IVMF Women Veterans Week in Chicago, and other national convening events which require support from outside funders.
Your financial support will help expand our mission of thought leadership, grow our programmatic offerings and enable us to provide those programs at no cost to our vets. Visit our Giving Page to make a donation to the IVMF or contact Ray Toenniessen, Director of New Initiatives and External Relations, at email@example.com, to discuss corporate or philanthropic sponsorship opportunities.
Become a Mentor / Teach a Class
- The IVMF team approaches our mission as a collaboration, pulling expertise from a community of stakeholders committed to supporting transitioning service members, veterans and their families. We provide this programming in collaboration with Google, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and Hire Heroes USA through our innovative VetNet platform. Are you willing to share your expertise to veterans and their families by teaching a class or hosting a webinar? Click here to submit your information.
Be an Advocate
- Help support the IVMF mission on social media. Follow us on our social media channels to join the conversation and to share our mission with your networks. To view all of our social media channels, click here.
Tell Your Story
- Do you have a story to tell about your post-service life course? Our IVMF Voices Blog actively encourages you to share your voice on issues important to the veteran community. We’ve recently shared blogs from veterans who have used the G.I. Bill to further their education, from women vetrepreneurs on their experiences starting businesses, from faculty members on college campuses discussing veterans in the classroom, and more. We’d love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering a relationship with the IVMF. Please contact Ray Toenniessen, Director of New Initiatives and External Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in supporting the IVMF mission.